Our FireShape only sets use a rectangular base and a variety of different geometric shapes. This set has 13 shapes. The sets are sized to fit the dimensions our rectangular Custom Pan burners. This set is meant for 18" burners CS18 & CXF18.
- Shapes are made from the same high-heat refractory concrete as our gas logs.
- Choice of colors - "Natural" is the tannish gray of the base material. The other colors are our proprietary ceramic stain coloration. We recommend darker colors (Black, Dark Gray, & Brown) as the burner will create soot from the natural, luminous yellow flame. The black soot is more noticeable against the lighter colors (Natural, Adobe Red, Beige, & Light Gray); with the darker colors there is less contrast, so the soot is not as pronounced.
- If used on a burner other than the Rasmussen Custom Pan Burner, you must follow these guidelines to prevent damage to the FireShapes:
1) The burner should be installed with the holes (burner ports) pointed downward for better flame dispersion and to avoid the burner filling up from rainwater (which will decrease the life of the burner).
2) The burner should be covered with volcanic ash (or fire glass) from about 1" below the bottom of the burner to 1" to 2" above the top surface of the burner to provide a level platform for stacking our logs, FireStones, FireBalls or FireShapes. The volcanic ash (or fire glass) also serves to diffuse the flame to increase the life of the logs, etc. Direct flame straight out of the burner impinging onto the logs will break the cementitious bonding that keeps the logs intact during normal use. Volcanic ash and fire glass do not clump like sand can do (resulting in high flame in one area, low on another), and their porosity allows for better mixing with secondary combustion air for a somewhat cleaner burn.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!